Monday, June 17, 2013

Toledo Museum of Art


     We flew to Lansing last week to visit with Kali and Britta and families. Among the highlights of the trip was a visit to the Toledo Museum of Art.

 
Toledo Museum of Art is part of an impressive campus and is free and open to the public. Kali and Bill and family are members.


The collection is housed in a series of rooms, some of which are re-creations of famous rooms from around the world.



Josh is doing his imitation of the leaning tower of Pisa in a courtyard re-creation.

The museum's Peristyle theater is a show-stopper.  Styling is reminiscent of theaters of ancient Greece.
I think Sam liked the Egyptian section the best. There were mummy cases and several hand's-on activities for kids.

After we left the museum we went to a very cool Mexican restaurant right on the waterfront. While waiting for the food I set a modest challenge for myself. To shoot candid portraits of each child. I restricted myself to one fixed-focal-length lens.  I also had to shoot from my seat at the table. Each photo had to be different in some way and express something unique about that person.

Of course, as a part of the challenge, I had to get a shot of dad and mom, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment